A high-end variotherm unit .... Alternating Temperature Technology!
Such a system operates with two separate circuits that contain thermal fluid (water up to 200◦C and oil up to 300◦C) set at different temperatures. Alternating between the hot and the colder temperature is accurately achieved via a unique valve station which is accurately controlled through user defined time-setting and temperatures.
Optimised ATT systems normally employ contoured cooling channels.
Benefits when using an ATT technology:
- Reduced injection pressures
- Reduced clamping force
- Increased holding pressure even in areas distant from the gate
- Piano finish when required
- More accurate reproduction of surface details
- More homogeneous orientation of glass fibres
- Drastic reduction of weld lines
- Significant reduction in internal stresses
- Near elimination of warpage caused by shrinkage
- Better dimensional stability and Shot to shot consistency
- Can also be used on existing moulds